Big, beautiful booty — it’s one of the most desirable assets for women and even men. And if you’re the type who doesn’t want to use fad pills and surgeries to gain more muscles behind, you can turn to exercise and diet to help you achieve your buttocks goals. Like any other muscles, your glutes can become bigger through regular exercise and proper nutrition.
In this post, you’ll learn about the foods and workout that will significantly contribute to a bigger butt.
Foods for butt-building
Muscles, no matter how much you exercise them, will not develop if there’s no supply of protein. After all, protein is a building block of muscles and tissues. Having said that, it’s important to have a proper diet when aiming to grow and strengthen your butt.
For an ultimate diet guide to help you achieve your goal, read on below.
Like fats, there are good carbs and bad carbs. Obviously, you should aim only for the healthy carbs to supply your body with energy.
Many people load their diet with anything that has high carb content; however, this shouldn’t be the case as you only want to gain more muscles in the butt and not anywhere else. One example is fast food, junk food, candies, and soda, which are usually loaded with sugar or salt and have no nutritional content.
Among the best sources of good carbs are simple carbs like beans, legumes, and whole grains. It also helps to get rid of white bread and choose whole wheat bread instead.
White flour, basically, is one of the worst carb sources there is. Potatoes are also a good source of good carbs, vitamins, and potassium.
Another major nutrient you need in your diet is healthy fats, which are technically called polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fats. The glutes are mostly composed of fats, so consuming high-fat (healthy) foods is a way to go to a bigger, more beautiful butt. Aside from that, fats are also an excellent source of energy to fuel your exercise.
Many fitness enthusiasts get their daily fats supply from Greek yogurt and nuts. Another good source is avocado, a fruit that has taken the world by storm in the past years, evident in the many recipes developed using it. Avocados have high amounts of vitamins, minerals, and monounsaturated fat.
Protein is the superstar nutrient when it comes to muscle building, including growing your buttocks. It’s this simple: you’ll not have bigger butt without sufficient supply of protein.
Foods with high protein content and low amount of saturated fat are the best sources of the nutrient. Examples of super proteins include eggs, fish, lean red meat, poultry, whey protein, and legumes.
Right exercises for butt-building
As mentioned, proper nutrition should be coupled with the right workout to target your glutes and help them grow. These exercises work and strengthen the glutes and lower body.
To do lunges with dumbbells:
- Stand with feet hip-distance apart. Hold the dumbbells on each hand.
- Step your right foot forward, then bend your left knee until it barely touches the ground. Make sure that your right thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Maintain a straight torso with the weights equally distributed on your side.
- Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
To do squats:
- Stand with your feet should-distance apart.
- Bend your knees, placing them behind your toes. You should feel the tightness in your abs and engage your glutes. Keep your arms extended to the front.
- Return to the starting position to complete a rep.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
To do deadlifts:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Place the barbell in front.
- Bend forward on the hips, then grab the barbell with hands shoulder-width apart.
- Lift your torso with the weights on hands. Maintain the arch on your back.
- Return to the starting position, the lower the barbell down on the ground.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
- Hip Thrust
To do barbell hip thrusts:
- Place the barbell parallel to the bench, then position yourself on the ground, pressing your shoulder blades against a bench. Slightly lift your butt off the floor if your shoulders don’t reach the bench.
- Bend your knees at about 45 degrees and keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Roll the barbell to put it directly over your hips.
- Place your elbow on the bench and hold the bar to stabilize it.
- Take a deep breath and tighten your core. Squeeze your glutes then lift your hips up along with the barbell.
- Hold the position for a moment, then gently come down to complete a rep.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
Developing a beautiful butt requires commitment, discipline, and consistency, and unfortunately, there’s no overnight process for it. If there is, everyone will have their own version of big butt! Beware of shortcuts when it comes to your body; it will just do more harm than good.
What about you? Do you have any secret for bigger, beautiful booty? If you’re still wondering how to achieve your butt goals, try these diet and workout tips now!